Our Mountain Ash tree is covered in orange berries and American Robins and House Finches are spending a lot of time in the branches eating their fill every day. I know robins eat grubs and worms, but for now I identify with their fruit loving tendencies.

The American Kestrel is my favourite raptor as I love its graceful lines and beautiful colours. I usually see them perched high on overhead wires but came across one tonight who was so intent on eating its meal, that it disregarded my careful approach. It was in a field near our home and the light of the evening sun was perfect for picture taking.

The Becka was not impressed with the meal presentation but the Kestrel was not concerned. Here is another serious meat lover.

There were several American Goldfinches in the same tree protesting the presence of the falcon. Finally they managed to drive it away, pursuing it until it rested far away on a hydro tower.
I wonder if it got back to finish its meal?







0 comments:
Post a Comment